Today, I received a news… a bad news for me… a sad news for me as well…
They told me, PKC training camp will not be able to organize.

First reason, H1N1
Second reason, got test after merdeka weekend, which is on tue
Third reason, lack of participants (off course, due to the above reason)

4 years ago, I joined PKC freshies camp
3 years ago, I organize PKC freshies camp
2 years ago, I be selected as an exco
1 year ago, I am the president of PKC

As a freshies, I feel enjoy playing those games in freshies camp. Off course, I will never forgot, the nite game (detective game) we are playing. A fren of mine had hold another new-just-know-each-other-gal’s hand. Eventhough there are no mechanism or chemistry around, but we are just getting so fun to fool around with him. Not to forget, the water game was so so so WET ;) after get know those seniors during freshies camp, things and life are become easier…getting 2nd hand book, advise and info from seniors…

As a part of organizer for freshies camp, I have cooperated with my group member to work out for 2 days 1 night programs for freshies camp. We move in a team, even though each of us responsible for a game, but we will never left each other alone, strike our best for our game…that’s why, we still moving on even we test our game till 1am...from there, the frenship grown…we get noe each other better and the bond are closer

During my 1st year, the president for that time, FOO CHIA MING dai kor gave me the letter. Tell me that : u must try ur best to come, its fun! Without 2nd thoughts, do not even think that whether I wana be an exco? I register for Training camp. I know, the disappointment will be the same when I hoping ppl come to join my freshies camp but I not doin so for training camp.

Again, the training camp give an unforgettable memories for me. I will always rmb, during the jungle survival, there will be a leeches around and hug u tight if u stand there for more than a minute. I get 1 that time, our advisor MR YAP got a killing spree >.< furthermore, hooi ping was there shouting all the time XD it’s a hard time, but at least, I think we have train to be a better person throughout all the funs ;)

For the 2 years time I be an exco, a lot activities excos are organizing on behalf of PKC. They are:
WATT nights : a concert where students show their talents in singing, composing songs and live band

Chinese New Year nights : a celebration for Chinese new year for all the Chinese student in uniten. Recent few years, there are international student who join this, know more frens? ;)

Freshies camp: let new students getting more familiar with the campus, know more seniors that will taking care of them (so sad that in recent, only gals are being care, new generation hav just focus on gals, is too BAD >.<)

Training camp: perhaps some frens do not participate camping before, this is another last chance during ur study life to join a fun and meaningful camp?

Mooncake festival: Some of the Chinese students do not go back to their hometown during this time. The gathering is specially organize for all the Chinese student to feel the atmosphere of the festival..

Dong Zhi festival: another celebration and gathering like mooncake frestival…

After all, the number of students active in PKC is getting less. I see this at the other society too… perhaps this is the change of generation, the demand for students are getting different nowadays. But I still think that excos are very important to run a society. PKC is still very important to the Chinese community of uniten. think from the other way round, if PKC no longer exist, all the memories, chances of get know seniors and frens of course getting less…your uni life is just full of sing k, dota, study, shopping, it is really meaningful?










2 comments:

This post is by far the post that gives me ponder the most visiting ur blog...

PKC training camp 2006 (organized by chia ming) will always be the best camp i've ever join or organized in Uni thru out the years. After the camp, I was so impressed with the bonding, teamwork, they way how things run then... I looked up to the exco board those days, ppl like Chia Ming, CK, Cai Yun, ENg Yao, Su Mei...They command respect, which u cnt buy with money, or watever it is.I was vy sure at that time that PKC was the no.1 club in Uniten. 1st year, I joined the club and straight away become exco after training camp. I gave my best...

Still can rmbr, 1st do watt, then do cny nite...

During those days in the board, I had the best days in UNi. We were a great team together, working and meeting thru the nites. Nothing was too far away or too hard... Though busy, I must say i enjoyed my time vy much.

We were really a united team of exco.

Looking thru these pics (tat i dun have) brings bc the gud old days pkc brought for me.

Pkc was, a club with such influence, popularity, strength, depth...

Well, time has changed since... 3 years is a long time. I cnt recognise the new faces in the club anymore...

It beats me to thnk tat thngs would turn out this way.

I still cnt work out wat went wrong... I just hope tat Pkc would be a big and strong club again... (not to say it is small now, but i've to admit it wasn't wat it used to be)

The PKC days together will forever live in me... My best days in Uniten.

All the best.

PKC exco board year 07/08, brought a lot of unforgettable memories to me. I became an ecxo afta I joined Freshie Camp.

It lights up my life. Frm the exco board, I met u all. We worked togather, shared our current conditions togather.

I earned a lot. Something tat v cant learn frm books.

PKC, Gambatea!

Post a Comment